28 January 2014

Two Psalms

In the About page I said that I write (or post) what ever inspires me.  Two psalms of David did exactly that, enjoy. 

Psa 61:1-8 KJV  To the chief Musician upon Neginah, A Psalm of David. 

Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.  (2)  From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  (3)  For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.  (4)  I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.  (5)  For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name.  (6)  Thou wilt prolong the king's life: and his years as many generations.  (7)  He shall abide before God for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him.  (8)  So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.

Psa 62:1-12 KJV  To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David. 

Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.  (2)  He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.  (3)  How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence.  (4)  They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.  (5)  My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.  (6)  He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.  (7)  In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.  (8)  Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.  (9)  Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity.  (10)  Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.  (11)  God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.  (12)  Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Villains of Climate Change

For a while there I thought my addiction to that wonderful brew, coffee, was the real felon in global warming. After all, my coffee maker ...